For Instructors (PIC)
Professional Instructor Course (PIC)
Since we started in 2004, our number of students has soared tremendously. This led us to eventually expand from 1 to 4 studios, all of which are fully utilized by our growing number of students today. Our success is due to the structured syllabus, responsible instructors and conducive environment.
To cater to the increasing demand in well-trained and experienced instructors, BDD is launching its first ever Professional Instructor Certification Course (PIC) in Singapore to train and develop such quality instructors with a dose of creativity (and sometimes wicked humour).
Currently, many professional belly dance instructors in Singapore are graduates of BDD. In the next 5 years, we estimate that this figure will rise to 70%. We want to impart our knowledge and skills to you and together we can raise the bellydance teaching standards in Singapore.
If you have a passion for belly dancing and teaching, join our team of fun-loving and well sought-after instructors now!
There are 3 levels of PIC in total (120 hours).
- PIC Level 1 – Teaching Basics
- PIC Level 2 – Teaching Techniques
- PIC Level 3 – Teaching using of props
Who should attend PIC level 1?
- If you are interested to teach Belly dancing part-time or full-time basis.
- If you want to be a responsible and well-trained dance instructor.
- If you want to learn to execute Bellydance techniques precisely.
- If you want to dance safe and teach safe
- If you are interested to know how body anatomy relate to Bellydance techniques.
What is covered in the PIC Level 1 course?
- Learning Theories & methods
- Teaching approaches & styles
- Anatomy of body & its relations to Bellydance techniques
- Proper alignment and movements affected by alignment
- Dance safety & correction of techniques
- How to create interesting warm-up and effective cool-down
- Special design Standard Teaching Module
- Lesson plans
- Music Interpretation
- Choreography and techniques
- Things to look out for injury prevention and bad habits
- Amendment of poor techniques and dance habits
- Basic Cueing
- Evaluation of students
- Professional Teaching ethics
You will also receive:1. Learning Guide 2. Teaching curriculum, material, music and guide
Pre-requisite: Attend all BDD levels or minimum 3 years of belly dance experience. If you are very keen learning how to teach dancing and could not fulfill the above pre-requisites, please write to Yuki at : email@example.com for a discussion. Having a strong passion and willing to learn then share is most important.Upon completion of PIC level 1, 2 & 3, you will - receive the Certifcate of Professional Dance Instruction specializing in Bellydancing. - a chance to teach in BDD (only selected ones) - receive assistant in finding teaching gigs - be a member of Professional Bellydance Instructor (PBI) network for Bellydance instructors to support one another and keep upgrading their skills - opportunity to perform with your students at BDD major concert & events.
FAQ1) Can I just take the course for personal knowledge and no intention to be an instructor? Ans: Yes, of course you can, that’s why the assessment fee is charged separately. 2) If I could not pass, is there a re-test? Ans: Yes, of course you can, that’s why the assessment fee is charged separately.